Description, Format, and Attendance
AES allows select CME-accredited satellite symposia. AES does not accredit these symposia nor does it jointly provide them. AES requires that a third-party accredited symposium DOES NOT duplicate the educational content of the 2017 AES Annual Meeting. Acceptable educational formats for satellite CME symposia include presentations by speakers, panel discussions, films, and video presentations. Attendance will most likely range from 25 to 150 attendees, depending on the topic and concurrent symposia; however, AES cannot predict nor guarantee the number or type of learners who register and attend the satellite CME symposia.
A non-refundable application fee of $500.00 must accompany the completed application.
If the application is approved, the satellite symposium fee, in addition to this application fee must be received by Friday, September 29, 2017.
Satellite Symposium Fees:
- 1 - 2 hours: $20,000
- 2.25 – 4 hours: $30,000
- 4+ hours: $60,000
|Date||Available Time||Room #1 (16,400 sq ft)
1,300 theater with stage, two screens
|Room #2 (6,177 sq ft)
475 theater with stage, two screens
|Room #3 (5,600 sq ft)
425 theater with stage, two screens
|Thurs, Nov. 30||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (4+ hours of educational time)|
|Thurs, Nov. 30||12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (1-2 hours of educational time)|
|Thurs, Nov. 30||6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (1-2 hours of educational time)|
|Fri, Dec. 1||6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (1-2.5 hours of educational time)||Not Available|
|Sun, Dec. 3||6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (1-2.5 hours of educational time)|
|Tues, Dec. 5||12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (1-4 hours of educational time)|
Cancellations must be received in writing to Deb Gist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received on or before Friday, September 29, 2017, will be refunded at 75% of the symposium fee. For cancellations received after September 29, 2017, the satellite CME symposium fee is nonrefundable.
The satellite CME symposium review process is designed to ensure that an approved symposium meets the learning needs of AES members and DOES NOT duplicate the educational content of the 2017 AES Annual Meeting. Content must be based on the highest level of available evidence at the time of the symposium.
- Degree of objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor. The symposium proposal will NOT be accepted if it is judged to be promotional rather than educational.
- Extent to which the symposium proposal meets the educational needs of AES members.
- Extent to which the symposium proposal DOES NOT duplicate educational content of the AES Annual Meeting.
- Extent to which the symposium proposal complements the overall educational content of the AES Annual Meeting.
Application Process and Deadline
Symposium proposals must be submitted using the Application for Satellite Symposium form.
Completed applications are processed as received and notifications for scheduling will be sent on a first-come, first-served basis.
The application deadline is Tuesday, August 15, 2017. The accredited provider for the symposium will be notified of acceptance no later than Friday, September 15, 2017.
AES is not responsible for attendance at this activity. AES will support the promotion of each Satellite CME Symposium as outlined below with specifics provided on letters of agreement:
- Provide a pre-printed mailing label list of registrants for 2017 AES Annual Meeting to the accredited provider of the satellite CME symposium. Use of this list will be subject to standing AES policy for mailing list use.
- List specific information about the satellite CME symposium on the AES website. (A template will be provided.)
- Provide complimentary advertising space in the printed AES Annual Meeting Program Book, if approved art is received by September 15, 2017.
- Offer outreach opportunities for purchase by accredited providers of satellite CME symposia—including sleeping room door drops and on-site print and digital advertising. (See details in the 2017 AES Exhibit and Support Opportunities Prospectus)
- Provide signage in a high traffic area of the meeting area listing satellite CME symposia, date, time, and location.
- Permission to display a poster of the satellite CME symposium in a high traffic area that is prepared and paid for by the accredited provider of the satellite CME symposium.
NOTE: AES provides opportunities to host satellite CME symposia on a first-come, first served basis for applications that pass the AES Review Criteria. Incomplete applications, including failure to send application fees or symposia payment, will result in a rejected application.
NOTE: All marketing collateral must be provided to AES for review and approval; please allow five (5) business days for review. All collateral must include this disclaimer:
Opinions presented during the CME Satellite Symposia are those of the speaker and the ACCME-accredited provider and are not a reflection of AES opinions, nor are they supported, sponsored or endorsed by AES.
More specific information will be included in the aforementioned letter of agreement in accordance with the Council on Medical Specialty Societies’ Code of Conduct with Companies. Not every situation can be anticipated and AES retains the right to render a final decision should a situation arise that is not covered in these guidelines or in AES policies and procedures.
Contact Deb Gist with any questions.